I’ll get to the “$5million” plan in a moment, but first some classic wisdom.
Around this time of year a lot of people get really serious about their future, their physical and spiritual health, their finances, their relationships and their life goals – but I’m not big on resolutions at the start of each new year.
Here are some year ’round rules of thumb that are far more powerful than any “big goal setting session” you might feel prompted to take:
- slow and steady wins the race
- commit to a proven strategy and work it faithfully
- do a little bit (nearly) every day to work toward you goal – (always be establishing new good habits)
- because massive changes are rarely sustainable, make small steady changes instead
- listen ONLY to those who have PROOF that they are worth listening to (discernment and wise counsel are SO under-rated!)
- surround yourself (even virtually) with likeminded people heading toward the same goals you desire
Over the past 10+ years I’ve gotten better and better at taking the above classic (aka “boring”) advice in ALL areas of my life and WOW has it paid off!
The above classic advice has lead to me having unbelievable success in multiple online biz models as well as an incredibly large (and growing) loyal audience that includes great people like YOU! In 2013 we blew past the 1,000 testimonials mark and they are still pouring in weekly.
Now…Let’s talk about my $5million plan!
Because my reading audience has grown so large, I could EASILY cash out, sell out, and get rich…(don’t worry – I have bigger goals than that).
Let’s just say I wanted to earn $5million in 2014 here are the simple steps I would take:
1. sell my soul (can’t have guilt slowing me down now can we?)
2. Next, I’d promote every “hot” internet program that launches. I’d easily be in the top 5 in total sales made on nearly all of those launches for the first several months until my readers started to catch on and I started losing their trust. That’s OK – I’d flash those big commission checks and gain even more zombies…I mean subscribers to my email list.
3. Next I’d promote stuff I’ve never promoted before – stuff with “hot” themes like : “Simple Facebook ads = instant wealth”, or “Affiliate marketing riches in 5 easy steps” , “The exact Ten products anyone can sell on Amazon or eBay and stuff their bank account”, or “The top secret program that has cash flooding my paypal account every day” , or “how to get rich convincing people that you know how to get rich online” or “4 steps to automatic daily income online”…
I can see it now…I’ll build sales pages where I’ll flash pictures of my family on vacations in exotic places, show a pic of a nice car (a rental with me in the driver seat will do nicely) and many people will fall for it and BUY IT ALL.
THAT’S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!
Why do I point this out though? Because I’m sad to report that there is an abundance of “shiny object” garbage out there that will take you down the rabbit hole if you are to fall for it. It’s sad to see “experts” pushing garbage on their audience. In the end THEY LOSE as do their customers. It’s so obvious to me.
The classic (boring) facts are just as true today as they’ve always been:
- Success requires work.
- Success requires patience.
- Success requires creativity, leadership and relationships.
- Anyone offering short cuts on those principles is taking you down the rabbit hole.
- As we sign off on another year I commit to keep on bringing you JUST the good stuff.