Here’s the exact “no rules followed” plan I’ve used to sell millions online:
- Have a story to tell, and write a book about it – but sell it super cheap (practically give it away).
- REWRITE and update the entire thing every 18 months or so to keep it current.
- Each time you rewrite it, send it out FREE to all of your past buyers.
- Grow your email list and truly SERVE subscribers with great content while undercharging for everything you sell.
- Leave EVERY customer far better off than you found them – even when they don’t deserve it and they ask for a refund.
That simple business plan is the entire foundation of everything I’ve accomplished online in the past 12+ years. We’ll easily go over $2 million in total sales volume this year, and the entire foundation is right in front of you in a few bullet points. Can you use this plan? Maybe, and maybe not. It’s my “no rules” plan. You might have to use your own plan.
When I first wrote my book “Silent Sales Machine” several years ago, I never could have imagined that I’d be updating it eight times over the coming 12+ years. I could have asked 50 different marketing experts if that was a good biz plan, and they all would have told me probably not. I’m so glad I didn’t consult the “experts” and go with the established “rules” of how to build and market a business.
Some lessons I’ve learned along the way:
- Email marketing still works VERY well when done right
- Giving away great content for next to nothing and then taking care of the audience REALLY pays off
- Small successes can be leveraged into great successes if you share the story
- Your best story is NOT about you. Make sure your customers become the hero of your story. It’s NOT about YOU.
- Growing a loyal community is more valuable, rewarding and sustainable than is launching products
- Slow and steady not only wins the race, it kicks haste in the butt in a big way
- Big ego = pride = a fall pending very soon. Run away from those leaders who are ego centric – they are close to falling
Now go break some rules!