Let’s have a blog comment contest! Below is an email I got from a reader along with my response back to the sender. I need you to read this and leave your comment as part of my “comment contest”!
What ideas would you submit to this cowboy to help grow his business? I know I have very creative blog readers from past experiments like this – let’s prove it again!
Here’s the email I got a couple of days ago (edited for content and length):
I’m a former professional bull rider. With a lack of coaches, there is a huge need in our sport for training and education to get bull riders to think and train like athletes. This is also a great opportunity for ministry.
I am writing to you to see if you could possibly help me and my partner develop a training/educational system to help bull riders. Any advice you could give would be greatly appreciated.
Please contact me at ##### if you have any interest or would even consider this. Thank you so much. God bless.
Below is most of what I replied back to Mr. Peterson – what would you add?
I charge $750 per hour for coaching, but I’m not convinced you need to take that step just yet. There’s plenty you can likely do on your own to get things really rolling.
- I noticed on your website that you have a free newsletter. That’s great, but there’s no incentive for your visitors to join it. You need to offer something like, “Free report: Three things you MUST do before you get on a bull again.” – join our mailing list today to get this and other free video tips.
- There’s not much “social proof” on your site. What are your credentials? What success have you had? I need to see testimonials and awards all over that first page. The entire purpose of that page is to get the visitor to 1) believe you are the best with social proof, awards and pics 2) make them want your free offer 3) give them a great reason to give you their email address for the free offer. After that you follow up slowly over time and “close the deal” with a far bigger number of students than you are getting now.
- Learn, study and LOVE email marketing. It’s your ticket to the next level.
- read my 101freemarketing.com book & the SilentSalesMachine.com books. FULL of ideas to get things rolling for just a few bucks spent.
- I’m honored you contacted me! Thanks and God bless your MINISTRY!
So, what would YOU add to my advice? There’s plenty else that could be said…but I’m waiting to hear from YOU!
I’ll be looking over all the comments left on this blog post and I’ll be choosing a few winners for “most creative” and “most helpful”. The winners will get recognition in an upcoming newsletter and quite likely a tip of the hat from a real cowboy.
UPDATE A COUPLE WEEKS LATER: Time to choose a winner from among the reader comments submitted!
It was difficult for me to pick a winner here (I decided to go with JUST ONE) because there is literally NO bad advice in the comments my readers have left on this article! It’s just more proof of how incredibly creative my readers are! Well done.
Each of you deserve recognition and I encourage all who read this post to check out the incredible ideas in the comments section of this blog post. That being said, the most powerful single idea among them all (in my opinion) was this one submitted by Rob Walling, “…if it was me I would look to partner with someone who is either an authority or recognizable from that industry…”
Why did I choose this tip? Because the FASTEST way to get yourself in front of your target audience and flood your business with targeted leads is to find someone who already has the attention of your niche target audience and then find a way to create a “three way win” with them. If you can do this while growing your email list, you have virtually GUARANTEED your success. For more info on “three way win” strategies and email list growth strategies check out my other blog posts in the “finding customers” and “email marketing” sections.
Big congrats to Rob Walling for his winning idea – Your instincts have earned you a big cowboy YEEHAW!