UPDATE: I think my community just gave Google a wake up call! THANK YOU! Check out the comments that have been left on this blog post to see what I mean!
About 36 hours after being told by Youtube (owned by Google) that my “SilentJimDotCom” account was shut down with “no possible recourse” as well as the fact that I was “banned for life” from getting a new account, my account was suddenly restored by Youtube.
Youtube seemingly changed its mind shortly after I requested that they visit the blog post as seen below and check out the comments. Nearly all of the people leaving a comment on this blog post came from my active Facebook community and this single post I made on Facebook as soon as I was suspended by Youtube as well as this post left on FB by my loyal and supporting wife Andrea.
Youtube hasn’t told me why they changed their mind yet, but I do know this: The only request I made to youtube (using this suspension appeal form) was to please read the below blog post and comments. Again, THANK YOU to all who shared, commented and supported the restoration effort. I never imaged a simple post on Facebook would generate such a reaction from the community that supports this blog and my work. Thanks also to Youtube for allowing sanity to win in the end.
====Original Blog Post Follows====
Yesterday, April 9th 2015 my youtube account (ID: “silentjimdotcom”) was suspended after being labeled somehow as “inappropriate for children” (aka porn?) and also being accused of having “misleading spam content”. I wasn’t given much detail really – just an email letting me know it had all been deleted and I’m not allowed on youtube ever again.
My business will be fine – we had backups, but this is a pretty large inconvenience for my staff and I – and even more disappointing for my large audience who benefitted greatly from that content (see the comments below). We also have links all over the web pointing to our Youtube content – I urge your reconsidertaion.
Here’s where my audience steps in…
Rather than “go it alone” in requesting this suspension be reconsidered, I thought I’d give my audience a chance to speak up. Below you’ll find their unedited comments about this situation. My youtube account is in your and their hands. I’m moving on.
A few additional facts for Youtube while you hopefully reconsider this situation:
- Our videos had an approximate ration of 500:1 positive reactions from viewers (some videos had hundreds of “thumbs up” and zero “thumbs down” votes). How could those possibly be labeled as spam?
- You won’t find a single “scam” complaint online anywhere about me or my content. With hundreds of thousands of readers and tens of thousands of customers served by my team and I since 2002 that should be considered.
- Your final decision will be communicated clearly to 250,000 loyal fans and readers. Youtube is getting a “bully” reputation as cases like this are discussed among your users.
- My team and I are widely considered to be the most ethical, trusted, straight shooting online marketers in the world. Research this fact please. There was exactly ZERO “misleading spam content” on our channel.
- My best selling books contain the EXACT content that you’ve just “banned” as spam. Those same books are endorsed by some of the most trusted, recognized business experts and thought leaders of our time. (Check Amazon)
- We’ve helped thousands of people around the world grow real businesses with our freely distributed content on youtube. We don’t train “scammers” – we train proud entrepreneurs and leaders – and they are watching this situation closely (read the comments below).
- For over 10 years I’ve been pouring my heart out assisting entrepreneurs around the world with my educational videos. It’s been my life’s work for a decade+ and you’ve just deleted much of it.
- The ONLY way our Youtube account could have been flagged with such nonsensical accusations is if an unscrupulous agenda was behind the effort – and I encourage your reconsideration and investigation into the matter.
Thank you Youtube – I can be reached at JimCockrum(at)gmail.com – I look forward to getting an update from you.